Australian Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has accused Iran of organising two antisemitic attacks in Australia.
Mr Albanese said the Australian security intelligence organisation (ASIO) found that the Iranian government had directed arson attacks on a kosher food company in Sydney and on a Melbourne synagogue in October and December last year.
"Iran has sought to disguise its involvement, but ASIO assesses it was behind the attacks," Mr Albanese said on Tuesday.
There has been a large increase in antisemitic incidents in Sydney and Melbourne since the start of the Israel-Hamas war in 2023.
Image: Fire crews and police at the scene of a fire at the Adass Israel Synagogue in Melbourne. Pic: Con Chronis/AAP via AP
Mr Albanese called the conclusion that Iran was behind "at least two" of