Two school children, ages 8 and 10 were killed, and 17 people were injured Wednesday morning when a gunman opened fire during a school mass at Annunciation Catholic School in Minneapolis.

The gunman died by suicide, Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O’Hara said in a press conference.

Annunciation Catholic School was in session at the time on Wednesday morning. A man dressed in black and carrying a rifle was reported at the scene, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Emergency crews requested a mass-casualty response, and fire units began bringing in additional resources. Streets around the parish were closed to allow responders to reach victims.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz said he had been briefed and that the state Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and State Patrol were on site. The

See Full Page