OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) — On Wednesday, Oklahoma County Commissioners voted to move forward with their plans to build a new county jail without all of the funding, which threw one Oklahoma lawmaker for a loop.
District 2 Commissioner, Brian Maughan, said, "The voters have already weighed in and we're actually executing what the dictate of the voters were, which is to use these bonds to move forward on constructing a jail."
Three years ago, Oklahoma County taxpayers approved $260M in bond funds to build a new detention center.
$45M of that was used to begin the first phase of the project, and now, the remaining $215M has been approved to go forward with construction, even though the total cost is nearly three times that amount.
District 3 Commissioner Myles Davidson told News 4 last week t