The City of Mississauga says a court-ordered injunction issued to crackdown on large gatherings and illegal activities at a troublesome plaza was “extremely effective.”
Earlier this month, the Ontario Superior Court of Justice granted the city’s request for a court order against the owners of Ridgeway Plaza, a commercial plaza near Ridgeway Drive and Eglinton Avenue West that is home to many shops and eateries, to crack down on “nuisance gatherings” beginning on Aug. 13.
Mississauga city officials said that for two years, it has received several complaints, including large gatherings of more than 3,000 people, loud music and other noises, racing in the parking lot and street, fighting and the use of illegal fireworks.
In an update on Thursday, city officials told Global News that th