The man who died last week after the south Sacramento home where he was living exploded has been identified.

Karl Lysinger, 62, died in the explosion, the Sacramento County Coroner said Thursday.

(Previous coverage in the video above.)

On Aug. 21, fire crews were dispatched at 6:15 a.m. to the property on 39th Street south of 14th Avenue in the South Oak Park neighborhood after receiving multiple 911 calls about a house explosion.

Lysinger was found toward the front of the house. The blast impacted at least two to three other nearby structures.

Fire officials have not said what caused the explosion.

People who knew Lysinger said he claimed to be having issues with the city of Sacramento. One neighbor said he believed the person living in the home intentionally blew it up based on a

See Full Page