One of the only homeless shelters in Orange County where families can live together is in danger of shutting its doors permanently, officials said Thursday.
The Family Care Center in Orange has provided shelter and other critical services to approximately 200 families annually since its opening in 2017, according to shelter officials.
Stream Los Angeles News for free, 24/7, wherever you are. WATCH HERE
Shelter officials said it takes about $800,000 to operate the shelter annually and there is currently half that amount in the operating budget.
Carrie Maness said she moved into the shelter last month with her 5-year-old son and 16-year-old daughter.
“When we tell everyone, ‘see you tonight at home,’” said Maness. “Yep, this is home.”
Maness said she was grateful that the shelter