A 20-year-old man in New York is facing several years behind bars for threatening to kill Joe Biden last year, posting on social media that he would "put a bullet" in the then-president's head. Troy Kelly formally pleaded guilty on Thursday to one count of making threats against the president of the United States, prosecutors said.
"We all witnessed the horrible attempt on President Trump's life last July," Acting U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of New York John A. Sarcone III said in a statement . "Threatening to kill the President — any President: Republican, Democrat, or otherwise — is not First Amendment protected speech, it is illegal. My office takes threats against any public official seriously, and the conviction of Troy Kelly is a prime example. I thank the Secret Service