UFC CEO Dana White says the promotion will officially move forward with a fight card at the White House. White confirmed the July 4 event after a recent meeting with the Trump administration.

White said the White House meeting went tremendously, and that he'd have more details in the coming weeks. The mixed martial arts event will be the first professional sporting event to take place on White House grounds.

"We had the meeting at the White House. It could not have gone better," White said via social media on Thursday. "This is going to be awesome. The White House fight is on. I'll have more details on that in the next couple of weeks, but we got it done today."

White previously detailed the logistical challenges with hosting such an event. Primarily, how well the White House grounds

See Full Page