A Venezuelan man who was the subject of a high-profile health scare at Alligator Alcatraz this month aimed to return to his home country on Friday, his lawyer said.

This comes as a federal judge denied requests from both state and federal governments to pause the order to dismantle the immigration detention facility in the Everglades, and as the Scripps News Group has learned that detainees were already being removed from the facility, even before last week's court order was issued.

WATCH BELOW: 'Alligator Alcatraz' detainee faced 'life-or-death situation,' attorney says 'Alligator Alcatraz' detainee faced 'life-or-death situation,' attorney says

Lawyers and court documents reveal that some detainees are being deported while others are being transferred to ICE facilities like Krome in

See Full Page