African media quizzed FIFA president Gianni Infantino on Saturday if people from the continent will be safe and welcome in the United States at the 2026 World Cup.

Soccer fans from Africa “are a little bit jittery” about current events in the U.S., Infantino was told at a news conference in Kenya which urged him to ensure African visitors to the tournament do not feel “outcast ... second-class citizens.”

The FIFA leader was reminded he met yet again last week with U.S. President Donald Trump , who now has a gold World Cup trophy sitting in a glass case on his desk in the White House.

“We are going to play it in a country where some of us do not feel welcome,” said a reporter from South Africa, the home country of FIFA vice president Patrice Motsepe who sat beside Infantino at a luxury

See Full Page