COLUMBIA, S.C. (WIS) - A six-figure grant was recently granted to South Carolina food banks while federal food stamp benefits were delayed.

Officials with the One SC Fund said Tuesday that $405,185 was granted to the state’s four regional food banks: Golden Harvest Food Bank, Harvest Hope Food Bank, Lowcountry Food Bank, and Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina.

The approval came in response to the delay of federal SNAP benefits earlier in the month. Benefits have since been issued across South Carolina after the federal government reopened.

Each food bank reportedly used the funding to provide food at no cost to local distribution partners.

“The generosity of hundreds of donors and the readiness of nonprofit partners made it possible to get food where it was needed most,” said Georgi

See Full Page