The Montreal-North borough mayor says she has ordered an investigation after city workers destroyed a homeless encampment earlier this week.
Christine Black says there was a misunderstanding when the workers showed up at the encampment in Montreal-North.
She says the workers were supposed to clear away some waste that had accumulated at the site, but ended up damaging and breaking the possessions of the people who lived there.
Three residents told La Presse earlier this week that the workers showed up without warning Monday evening and destroyed almost everything they owned.
Black says the borough had tolerated the encampment because the people living there had nowhere else to go.
She says she wants the residents’ damaged possessions to be replaced.
This report by The Canadian Press

CityNews Montreal

Wheeling Intelligencer
Slate Magazine
Post Register
The Daily Bonnet
AlterNet
PupVine
Voice of Alexandria Sports
The Babylon Bee
Law & Crime