Mason Osborne, then 17, had travelled with friends to celebrate Liverpool FC’s Premier League title win on May 26 this year when Doyle ploughed his car into the crowds

The dad of a teenage fan injured at the Liverpool victory parade has condemned Paul Doyle - saying 'he could have stopped the car'.

Mason Osborne, then 17, had travelled with friends to celebrate Liverpool FC’s Premier League title win on May 26 when Doyle ploughed his car into the crowds . The teenager was struck by the vehicle as people were knocked over like skittles around him.

Dad, Nick, from Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, has spoken of the “absolute state of panic” he felt when his son called to say he had been hit. He said: “Me and my wife have said we are glad he’s admitted the guilt - but he has still done it.

See Full Page