Arrested man is thought to be 4th member of Louvre heist gang, Paris prosecutor says World Nov 28, 2025 4:14 PM EST

PARIS (AP) — A man arrested by French police earlier this week is thought to be the fourth member of the team that stole France’s crown jewels from the Louvre Museum, the Paris prosecutor said Friday, meaning that the entire gang that carried out the brazen heist is now believed to have been caught.

Prosecutor Laure Beccuau, whose office is heading the investigation, said the 39-year-old man has a criminal record, with six previous convictions, including for receiving stolen goods, for which he was given a 2-month suspended prison sentence in 2010.

READ MORE: 4 more suspects are arrested in Louvre jewel heist, Paris prosecutor says

He has now been handed preliminary ch

See Full Page