DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip — The Palestinian death toll has surpassed 70,000 since the Israel-Hamas war began, Gaza’s Health Ministry said Saturday, while a hospital said that Israeli fire killed two Palestinian children in the territory's south.

What You Need To Know

Gaza’s Health Ministry says the Palestinian death toll has surpassed 70,000 since the Israel-Hamas war began

The toll has continued to rise after the latest ceasefire took effect on Oct. 10

Israel still carries out strikes in response to what it has called violations of the truce, and bodies from earlier in the war are being recovered from the rubble

The Health Ministry, which operates under the Hamas-run government, said Saturday that the Palestinian toll is now 70,100

The toll has continued to rise after the latest

See Full Page