Nov 30 : Australia's Travis Head says he is prepared to open the batting once more against England during the ongoing Ashes series after his second innings display in the first test in Perth last week led the home side to an eight-wicket victory over the tourists.
Head smashed a century in 69 balls, the second fastest in Ashes history, on his way to a match-winning 123 runs after being drafted in as a late replacement for Usman Khawaja, when the regular top-order batter was unable to take to the field.
"I'm preparing for anything at this stage," said Head upon his arrival in Brisbane on Sunday ahead of the second test, which starts on Thursday.
"There's a fair bit to work through. But I've just got here and we haven't had many conversations in the last week. It's about spending some tim

CNA Sport

Raw Story
AlterNet
The Cut
Newsweek Top
The Daily Beast
New York Post
CourierPress Sports