NASSAU COUNTY, Fla — The Nassau County Sheriff’s Office said the accounts used the victim’s name and likeness earlier this month. Deputies said the child’s parents told investigators they had parental controls in place to block social media, and TikTok later removed the fake account. But the next day, a second account appeared with the same name and photos.
After receiving a tip, deputies interviewed a suspect at Yulee Middle School. A forensic search of the teen’s phone revealed images tied to the accounts in question, according to the sheriff’s office.
On Tuesday, the victim spoke publicly about the impact of the threats.
“It made me feel hurt over the fact that, my name was being used in such a horrible way and it made me feel so sad and unsafe and I felt like I couldn’t even leave m