A Massachusetts couple raised thousands of dollars online for an unhoused man but refused to give him the money, prosecutors said Friday, announcing charges against them.

The man died in July, weeks after telling police that Brian Ferreira and Rachel Kadis, of Bridgewater, hadn't given him any of the roughly $18,000 that had been raised on GoFundMe, the Plymouth County District Attorney's Office said Friday.

Stream NBC10 Boston news for free, 24/7, wherever you are. WATCH HERE

The pair pleaded not guilty in Brockton District Court Friday as they faced charges of larceny by false pretences, embezzlement and conspiracy, prosecutors said. It wasn't immediately clear if they had attorneys who could speak to the charges; they're due back in court Oct. 9.

The GoFundMe, called "Support Gre

See Full Page