RIVERSIDE, Calif. (Court TV) — The day after two California parents were charged with murdering their missing baby, investigators said the child died from long-term abuse.
The case began Aug. 14 when Jake Haro, 32, and his wife, Rebecca Haro, 41, told authorities their 7-month-old son, Emmanuel Haro , had been abducted. Within 24 hours, detectives said their story fell apart. San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus said surveillance footage and witness statements showed no sign of a kidnapping. The investigation shifted to Riverside County, where prosecutors filed charges.
MORE | Parents of missing 7-month-old California boy are charged with murder
San Bernardino County Sheriff Shannon Dicus spoke about the investigation into missing baby Emmanuel Haro at a press conference on