SARASOTA, Fla. ( WWSB ) - The 5-year-old girl who was swept into a storm drain in Sarasota on Aug. 24 has died.
“It is with a broken heart I have to share that Zaria has received the ultimate healing, and is in the arms of Jesus,” said an update published Thursday on a GoFundMe page for the girl organized by a friend of the family.
“The family is grateful for all the love and support shown over the past few days.
“I will keep the GoFundMe up at this time. Any funds raised above the amount needed to cover medical, funeral and monthly bills for the next month will be donated to pediatric charities,” the update said.
The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office confirmed Zaria’s death at All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg Thursday afternoon.
Authorities said Zaria Miller had been play