A man whom federal immigration agents shot at during a standoff in San Bernardino earlier this month was detained at a Riverside courthouse Thursday afternoon, Aug. 28, according to immigration rights advocates.
Authorities arrested Francisco Longoria at his home around 4 a.m. with a warrant, claiming he had assaulted federal officers during the Aug. 16 altercation when masked agents smashed Longoria’s driver’s side window and shot at his car as he drove away, said Tamara Marquez, communications director with the Inland Coalition for Immigrant Justice.
When Longoria appeared in court around 2 p.m., Marquez said a judge dismissed the case, arguing there wasn’t evidence for the assault charges. After the case was dismissed, she said immigration authorities detained Longoria.
“We think