Several “Saturday Night Live” cast members and at least one writer are leaving the show – in what entertainment outlets are describing as an “earthquake” or “bloodbath.”
Four of the 17 cast members from Season 50 are leaving, in the largest exodus of cast members since 2022, when eight people left ahead of Season 48. While the exact reasons for the departures are not clear, several of the exiting cast members have suggested it was not their choice to go.
Creator and executive producer Lorne Michaels told Puck News last week that he would be making changes before the start of the 51st season on Oct. 4. Asked whether he was going to “shake things up” and whether he felt “pressure to reinvent” the coming season, he said yes, adding that he had wanted to avoid any “disruptions” during the 50