Numerous popular " Saturday Night Live" cast members and writers have announced they won't be returning to the show for its 51st season.

The announcements come after the show's creator, Lorne Michaels, said that he anticipates changes following the historic 50th season. In an interview with Puck that ran last week, Michaels answered “yes” when asked if he expected to “shake things up.”

“It’ll be announced in a week or so,” Michaels said then.

Despite the mass exodus of creatives from the show, Michaels told Puck at least one cast member was certain to be back: James Austin Johnson, who plays President Donald Trump.

The 51st season will premiere Oct. 4.

Many of those departing took to social media to share the news, with some giving insight into their decision.

Here's who is l

See Full Page