The Government has paused plans to house 300 asylum seekers at the site in Inverness.
Scotland’s First Minister is not being “fully candid” about engagement with the UK Government on housing asylum seekers in Inverness, the Scottish Secretary has said.
The Scottish Government has consistently said there was no consultation before the decision was announced to house 300 asylum seekers at Cameron Barracks in the Highland city.
The proposals caused concern on the council and in the Government before being postponed on Friday, with First Minister John Swinney telling the Press Association on Saturday that the plans had been drawn up “on the back of an envelope”.
Speaking on the BBC’s Sunday Show, Scottish Secretary Douglas Alexander said: “Highland Council, the Scottish Government, the loc

The Shropshire Star

Britain News
The Spectator
NewsBiscuit
The Northern Echo
Law360 UK
AlterNet
Crooks and Liars
The Danville Register & Bee Entertainment
The Hill