(NEXSTAR) — While investigators are still working to determine the motive in Wednesday's deadly shooting at Annunciation Catholic church in Minneapolis, some of the victims have been publicly identified.
Armed with a rifle, shotgun, and pistol, the 23-year-old shooter fired dozens of rounds into the church as students and parishioners were gathered in the pews for Mass. The shooter then died by suicide, according to authorities.
Two children, ages 8 and 10, were killed in the shooting. Officials said Wednesday that 17 people, 14 children and three parishioners in their 80s, were wounded. In an update Thursday, Minneapolis officials said another child injured in the shooting had been identified, bringing the total to 18.
Earlier, Minneapolis Police Chief Brian O’Hara said those who were