Police in Concord are investigating after a man trampled through a resident’s memorial display for Israeli victims of the Oct. 7 attacks by Hamas, knocking down dozens of flags and pulling up signs in an act that was caught on a security camera.

Officials said the vandalism is being investigated as a possible hate crime. No arrests had been made as of Tuesday, police said.

Kurt Schwartz said he and his family set up the memorial in their yard shortly after the Oct. 7, 2023, attacks: a field of 1,200 small flags to honor the 1,200 people killed, along with a banner and signs expressing their support for Israel and calling for the release of hostages taken by Hamas.

Schwartz, the former director of the state’s Emergency Management Agency, has a security camera that monitors the disp

See Full Page