Relatives of flood victims in Indonesia were still awaiting news of loved ones on Sunday.
The floods, which hit Indonesia nearly a week ago, have killed 442 people — with the number expected to rise as more bodies are recovered — and displaced 290,700 people as nearly 3,000 houses were damaged.
The deluges triggered landslides, damaged roads, cut off parts of the island, and downed communication lines, prompting officials and limited communities using Starlink satellite internet for relief operations.
Another 402 people are missing in Indonesia's three provinces of North Sumatra, West Sumatra and Aceh, according to the National Disaster Management Agency.
The challenging weather conditions and the lack of heavy equipment also hampered rescue efforts.
Aid has been slow to reach the hardest-hit city of Sibolga and Central Tapanuli district in North Sumatra.
Some residents in the island of Sumatra have resorted to stealing food and water to survive, authorities said on Sunday.
Meanwhile many people were still waiting for news of loved ones.
Ivet Halimah said her parents house had been swept away in mudslides and they were still unaccounted for.
AP video by Reza Syaifullah and Ade Yuandha

Associated Press US and World News Video
Florida Today
CNN
People Top Story
Winnipeg Free Press World
Reuters US Top
The Advocate
SIAdvance
New York Post
The Babylon Bee
Crooks and Liars